What we do
Blue Bean Software is a premier custom software and product development IT company, delivering custom-made solutions for large enterprises as well as dynamic start-ups.
We pride ourselves in taking on and solving complex problems as well as high stake projects through the use of a balanced combination between tech savvy and a deep understanding of a client’s needs.
We have a prominent presence in the financial services industry and have started to branch out into other industries such as agritech and healthtech.
Who we are
At Blue Bean Software, we believe in creating an environment where like-minded software engineers are able to express themselves freely and pursue their individual and professional growth. We further encourage individuals to master their respective skill sets whilst effectively working within teams to overcome challenges and accomplish set goals.
At Blue Bean Software, we firmly believe in maintaining a culture of self-motivation, integrity and trust to drive productivity.
How we work
We have a flat organisational structure and value collaboration between our teams. We further believe in empowering individual team members to ensure agile decision-making and streamlined communication across all teams to deliver efficient and effective customer service at all times.
The purpose of the role is to understand the business requirement, build configurable solutions
on COMPASS (the FIS® Policy Administration Suite), evaluate the solution and write functional specifications for the interfacing systems
that integrate with COMPASS.
Duties & responsibilities
- Build a configurable solution on COMPASS based on business requirements
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business
- solutions with project management/Agile Release Trains (ART’s)
- Facilitate/participate in design review sessions
- Training of users and troubleshooting any issues that arise
- Investigate system problems and support the relevant team in remediating production issues.
- Create functional and technical specifications/user stories
- Provide technical support to business users
- Review test plans and the test book for each project release before User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Conduct systems testing to ensure that the design was aligned and designed according to the technology business requirement specifications
- Provide support for system testing
- Play an active role in mentoring/supporting junior COMPASS Configurers
- Apply patch config to keep the software version up to date
- Collaborate with developers/architects and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Gain a deep understanding of the COMPASS Retail product setup/offering
Your skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business requirements analysis
- Minimum 5 years of specialised COMPASS configuration experience
- Hold a Business/Systems Analysis qualification
- Experience in the insurance industry
- Working knowledge of AGILE
- Ability to write basic Oracle SQL queries
- Ability to give input into innovative solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Ability to work in a team environment